Position: Landscape Apprenticeships
Number of Vacancies: Three positions available
Job Type: Full-time (40hrs) including a day-release at Sparsholt College
Salary & Benefits: 307.60 per week.
Geographical Area: Reading, Berkshire
Job Description: We have an opening for three Landscaping Operative apprentices to work as a part of a team carrying out the following:
- Assisting a team leader working on construction sites for major UK house-builders, completing ground preparation, planting of trees and shrubs, laying turf, creating seedbeds and wildflower areas
- Pruning, Mowing, Strimming & Spraying of regularly maintained sites
- Reading from site plans
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures
- Follow instructions from your team leader
As well as on-the-job training, you will attend a day-release course in Horticulture and Landscaping at the Sparsholt Collage. On a successful completion of the course you will attain a level 2 qualification as a Horticulture/Landscaping Operative.
More course information is available here at Sparsholt College.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career in horticulture and landscaping and would be particularly suited to a young person or school leaver.
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
Who should apply?
If you are looking to start an exciting and fulfilling career in horticulture and landscaping then we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and/or details to us using the form below or post your CV and/or details to: Kennet Landscape Solutions, 6 High Street, Theale, Reading, RG7 5AN.
All submissions will be treated in the strictest confidence.